If you search the Twitter world you will find Tweeps with a plethora of different Twitter @names; many which are totally unrelated to the Twitterer’s real name. No matter whether your Twitter account is a business account, personal account or brand account; you should definitely use your real name, real business name or real brand name as your Twitter @name.
10 Reasons Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Twitter:
1. It will be simple and easy to locate you in the “Find People” search tool on Twitter homepage; Remember “KISS” – Keep It Simple Stupid.
2. Similar to the dot.com boom, you don’t want to miss the squatters right to your entitled property, I mean your entitled Twitter name.
3. You don’t want to be like a friend of mine whose name was secured by a pornstar w/ the same name.
4. Once Twitter becomes totally mainstream and a household name; you want to make sure your real name is part of the Twousehold.
5. No one really understands your attemptedly cool names like: @mrbigshotguru @livingforchangetoday @johniscool @itweetabunch @MrsMrsexymama…
6. If someone is trying to follow your business’ tweets and you have some obscure name, you’ll miss an opportunity to have a virally connected customer.
7. It’s easier for people to retweet you, mention you and make reference to connecting with you.
8. You don’t want to find yourself saying coulda, shoulda, woulda… but I never dida!
9. The President of The United States @BarackObama uses his real name!
10. It’s practical and it just makes good Twense!
The bottom line is that you are missing out on a great opportunity to stay ahead of the Twurve by securing your real name. If your Twitter username is already taken, try securing your name with an underscore between your first and last name, or some combination of your real name.
Don’t worry about what your followers will think about the change, believe me they will totally appreciate it. Remember you can always change your Twitter screen name. For instance, there are 110 Scott Williams out there in the Twitter world, but only one @ScottWilliams and that would be me.
Do not pass “Go”, do not collect follower$.
Go secure/change your name now! While you’re at it secure your kids name as well!
Do you have your real name as your Twitter @Name? Why or Why Not? Share any reasons that you would like to add to the list; as well as your thoughts on the 10 reasons above!