With Twitter implementing the new “report for spam” button that has been buzzing as a trending topic around the Twittersphere this article is right on time. Stalkers beware: Twitter isn’t therapy it will only increase the number of people you’re following.
After reading below you will understand that the first step to improving your Twitter behavior is to admit that you have a problem and slim down on the people you’re following.
Here’s 5 reasons why Twitter builds a healthy appetite for stalking:
1. It encourages you to follow people you are already clearly obsessed with. Early warning signs of a stalker to be.
2. It gets fans one step closer to celebrities & high profile internet entrepreneurs. Twitter has to be the only social network that celebrities actually use themselves… at least that what appears to be going on behind these famous Twitter handles.
3. Service is down just as much as it is available. It goes down (very often) without notice and forces you to find other ways to keep up with the people you
4. The fact that you have to constantly type in the person your @mentioning creates a recurring cycle in your brain of repetition of the person you’re
stalking following on Twitter.
5. Last but not least. After so many @mentions and DM’s to the stalkee with no signs of them knowing you exist it forces the follower/stalker to find other means of getting the stalkee to acknowledge there 140 characters of Twitter love. That’s where the All NEW “report @insertstalkername for spam” will come in use.
Make sure you read over the above reasons and make sure you’re not at fault or showing early warning signs of becoming an e-stalker. If all else fails we know who to blame. Hint: Tweet-Tweet.