Over the last year there seems to have been a tool or service released for Twitter users every few days. There are:
- Twitter desktop clients (I’m a fan of Twhirl and TweetDeck)
- Twitter Applications for iPhone (I’m a user of Twittelator Pro)
- Twitter user ranking services (like Twitterholic)
- Visualization tools (like TweetWheel)
- Tools to import RSS feeds to your Twitter account (I use Twitterfeed)
- Tools for setting tweets to go off later (Tweetlater)
- Metrics tool (TweetStats – Twinfluence)
- Tools for sharing pictures on Twitter (Twitpic)
- Services to tweet to groups (GroupTweet)
- Twitter Directories (Twellow)
- Tools for finding new people to follow (Twubble)
- Tools for helping you to track Twitter Conversations (Tweet2Tweet)
- Trend Tracking tools for what’s hot on Twitter (Twitscoop)
- Tools to help Twitter integrate with other applications (TwitterCal – which lets you add items to your Google calandar by Twitter)
- Services for groups to tag and organize tweets (HashTags)
- Twitter updaters (Ping.fm – which allows you to update status on multiple sites like Twitter)
- Twitter backup services (TweetTake)
- Services to let you track which links people are clicking on in your Tweets (TweetBurner)
These are just some of the tools services I’ve used in the last few weeks and they only scratch the surface at the hundreds of Twitter tools that are released.
What Twitter Tools and Services do you use? Leave the ones you love in comments below.
I’m looking forward to finding out which ones get mentioned most and finding some new ones that I’d not previously discovered.