“How do I get more followers on Twitter?”
This is a question I get asked a lot – so I thought I’d put together a bit of a compilation of links to posts I’ve published that touch on the topic of getting followers.
- 5 Tips to Grow Your Twitter Presence – one of my earlier posts on the topic of finding followers and gaining influence on Twitter.
- How to Use Twitter – Tips for Bloggers – some of these are more on the topic of getting followers than others – but it contains some useful tips for beginners (particularly bloggers). If you’re not blogging yet check out How to Start a Blog in 5 Steps.
- What’s in it for Your Followers? How to be Useful on Twitter – central in most advice on building a twitter following is to create something useful for your followers.
- 7 Ways to Be Worth Following on Twitter – Be Interesting, Be Informative, Be Interactive…. (plus 4 more)
- 6 Tips for Using Your Twitter Profile to Get New Followers – some great tips for fining followers that all revolve around your profile page on Twitter.
- How to Grow Your Follower Numbers to Over 10,000 in a Week – not something that everyone could do but this story of how SitePoint quickly grew their follower numbers might be helpful for some.
- Follow Me and Win a Prize – the Merit of Twitter Competitions – looking at the pros and cons of using contests to find followers on Twitter.
I’m sure others have written some great tutorials and tips on getting followers on Twitter – feel free to suggest them in comments below.
Let me finish however with a quick piece of advice – raw follower numbers are not everything. I personally would prefer to have 100 followers who shared my interests and who were interested in interaction than having 1000 unfocused and uninteractive followers. Twitter isn’t just a numbers game – sure having lots of followers has its advantages but don’t let your goals all be purely about getting as many followers as possible.