With the terrific growth of Twitter amongst the masses and glitterati, it’s become evident that some good people are using it way too much, in a World of Warcraft kind of way too much. They might be addicted. What about yourself? Do you have a twitter related dependency?
You know you’re addicted to Twitter when:
- You went to a Tweet Up but had nothing to say to the people you met. And then immediately tweeted them about it.
- You miss ‘Fail Whale’ days.
- In an emergency, you tweet to @911.
- ‘Hash Browns’ is your favourite new in joke.
- You were served court papers on Twitter because you no longer user Face Book.
- You are jealous of anyone who has more followers than you.
- You tweet your partner to turn out the light. When you’re both in bed.
- Your mother gets a Twitter account just so she can ask if you’re coming home for Christmas.
- You keep tweeting to your favourite celebrity in the forlorn hope they reply.
- You get upset if no one selects you for #followfriday. So tweet yourself from another account.
If you nodded your head in self recognition several times as you read the list, you might be in need of help. What should you do if you suffer from twitter addiction?
You could start by removing Tweetie from your iPhone and you could delete Tweetdeck from your hard drive. Failing that you could try and take your mind off it by going to the movies, go for a run or walk, taking a loved one out for dinner but (don’t arrange it on Twitter). You could always read The Twits by Roald Dahl!
While this post is in helpfully in jest, if you feel you do have a problem, see a health professional.